Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Lucha libre poster by Dr Alderete



Well it's not exactly titled "Lucha libre", but "El Sagrado Corazon Del Catchador" wouldn't fit. I love the bold, stylistic visuals done by Dr Alderete. The blue really leaps off the print in person, and at this size (26" x 34"), makes for a visually arresting piece.

I'm a big fan of Dr Alderete's work, but I haven't been able to find out much about him due to his site being under construction. I only know he's based in Mexico, and that his first name is Jorge. You can browse his old site here.

I bought this print from a French site called Black Cat Bones, but you should also check out Brazos Negro's website. He's the guy responsible for printing this and the rest of Alderete's work.

This was one of the first posters I framed. My newbie mistake was not using any matting or spacers to keep the glass off the print. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this lovely piece can withstand the humid tropics.

No comments: